I have to disagree, there is nothing on the rise, its been the same if not worse.
Seems a few things rising lately.
More pill heads than usual. Which means more overdoses. Child neglect and abuse. More and more alcohol related problems. Teens and adults.
More and more teenage mothers. Which mean more and more kids for the systems. And grandparents raising kids.
Yet we have no problems.
Got to wonder about about a few things.
We talk national problems and never see what is going on locally.
Guess some just hope it will go away. It hasn't and it won't.
Sooner or later someone will mention spending millions and then we will all get po'ed.
I have to disagree, there is nothing on the rise, its been the same if not worse.
If I read correctly recently, teen pregnancies are down nationwide (from a low from 65 years ago).
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
possibly on the whole, it may not reflect the area we live. I dont think things are any worse though than they have been in the past 5-7 years. Just a few years ago I thought we were living through Revalation at time.
Yes - the article was on nationwide stats.
for this area specifically I'd say it's near the same.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Id have to disagree. You would be surprised on the amount of soon to be mothers and already mothers in our own county.
I'm not saying there aren't quite a few pregnant teens around here. I see them myself - there are a lot.
But compared to history - there's always been a high number of pregnant teens.
I dont think our area is getting worse or better.
I think it will get worse though with the upcoming pre-pubescent generation. Parents try to pretend it's not true but there's already a lot of sexual activity among them: "not my kid - she/he's too young - he still plays with action figures - she plays with barbie." Girls and boys as young as 9, 10, 11 have gone through puberty already. I've heard a lot and the denial of the parents and actions of the kids are disturbing.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I think 75 in Buchanan Co. arrested for drugs just yesterday. Hmm. That has no effect on the national stats.
But it sure does the local stats.
So how many kids did that involve if you arrested 75 adults.
The big picture locally is what some are missing.
The only thing I was referring to in regards to stats was teen pregnancy...
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Most don't want to face the fact that the adults sell to the younger ones. Sad song, but true. Anything for the kids to DO is good to keep them busy, if the folks they are with are clean. Give it to them to get them started, then they will become good customers. P-nut level coaches are worth their weight in gold. Just to give the kids a place to belong.
Bookmarks